I named this MY Apple Pie because I had a few recipes in my binder and this is my FAVORITE! I have made a lot of apple pies in my day but none are like this.
Collection of ingredients
Start with the peeling and coring of apples
Melt butter, add sugars and vanilla
Stir to combine
Bring to a boil then remove.
Pour this over the apples
Pour this into a prepared pie dish with a ready crust. (Thank you to Lulu for taking this photo!)
MY secret ingredient.
Sprinkled on top.
Egg washed and ready to go IN the oven.
Out comes perfection!!
Is there a better use for Silpat??
Join the fun and become a Follower!!!
My NEW Apple Pie
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie (Pilsbury Box fine)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 8 Granny Smith apples – peeled, cored and sliced
- Cinnamon Sweet Sprinkle – optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Stir in flour to form a paste. Add water, white sugar and brown sugar, vanilla and bring to a boil. Reduce temperature and let simmer.
- Pour over apples in large bowl. Toss to coat.
- Place the bottom crust in your pan. Fill with apples, mounded slightly. Sprinkle with Sweet Cinnamon Sprinkle. Cover with a lattice work of crust or full crust vented.
- Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven ON a cookie sheet. Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Continue baking for 35 to 45 minutes, until apples are soft.