CSA season has started!! I love the anticipation of heading to the farm to get my food.
This week’s farm news letter shared a recipe for a veggie I have never tried before – Broccoli Rabe http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/broccoli-rabe-with-sausage
Broccoli Rabe with Sausage
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Chef Gabe Thompson of NYC’s new L’Apicio
- 1 pound broccoli rabe
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces hot Italian sausage—casings removed, meat crumbled
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup grated pecorino cheese
- In a pot of salted boiling water, cook the broccoli rabe until nearly tender, 4 minutes. Drain and cool under cold water. Squeeze and pat dry, then chop.
- In a skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil. Add the sausage and cook over moderately high heat, breaking it up into small pieces, until browned. Add 3 more tablespoons of oil, the garlic and red pepper to the skillet and cook for 1 minute. Add the broccoli rabe and cook, stirring, until tender, 3 minutes. Season with salt. Add the lemon juice and toss. Serve with pecorino.
In the end I had more sausage than rabe but… it was DELISH! I loved the lemon that was added at the end.
If you don’t know what to do with yours this week definitely try this!